Saturday, December 22, 2012

Product Review: Bench Pretty When Pinched Lip and Cheek Tint

Ola! Welcome to my first ever product review! *cue drumbeats and slow claps*

Brand: Herbench
Price: Php 180.00
Bought: Bench, Trinoma




I mainly use tints as blushes just because I like my blush in liquid or cream form rather than powder form. When I swatched this tint inside the store, I was hesitant to get it because I noticed that the line I applied with the brush shows harshly after I blended it. However, I have actually realized that the mistake was mine when I applied a thick line over my hand to swatch, looked at it for a few minutes and then blended. What I immediately learned from this tint is that it dries easily.

Here's how the tint looks when swatched:

Here's how it looks like blended:

One of the caveats of this tint is that it transfers color on your fingers as you apply it. Based on my experience, I felt like 40 percent of the product got transferred on my finger.  

There are actually two ways to wear this on your cheeks. The first time I used this tint, I apply three dots on my cheek and then I blend with my fingers, buff with a contour brush from Marionnaud and then top with powder. But then I learned from a friend that a technique to make the application easier and foolproof is to mix it with a little bit of your moisturizer which tames the color, makes it easier to blend and also make it last longer.

I tried mixing the tint with my Nivea moisturizing sunblock.
And here's how it looked:

Personally, I prefer the dot and pat application because it's quicker, easier and I think the undiluted color works better for my skin tone (medium). What I think is best about this tint is that it really lasts all day! That makes it a winner for me. 


It comes in a practical packaging that makes it look like, for lack of a better word, a pail. I really do wish they make it a bit more girly or fun or cute. It comes with a built in brush on the twist open cap, This brush looks like a nail polish brush but it is soft and dots the product in effectively so I have nothing against it. 

The last time I wore this was friday, which was a jam-packed day for me. I met a friend to catch up over coffee in manila, met another friend in BGC to do last minute shopping in the giant fullybooked store (traffic was crazy!), then went back to manila to meet some cousins for dinner. And throughout this whole ordeal, when I came back home and looked in the mirror, I still got it. That healthy natural looking flush on my cheeks. 

I didn't reapply primarily because I had no time to do so, and because I don't like carrying the tub in my bag. But albeit no re-application, just oil blotting and powder application, the color stayed and made me healthy looking despite all my haggardness. 

And that is why I am able to tell you this: I am so in love with this tint right now and it's a lifesaver for me! 


Would I Repurchase? I don't think I'm going to run out of this anytime soon, there's a lot of product in that tub! But if I do run out and I definitely will! :)

Over-all Rating: 9/10
Packaging: 7/10 (Practical but I'd really love if it comes in a girlier packaging)
Lasting Power: 10/10 (lasts me the whole day under intense circumstances)
Color Pay-off: 9/10 (provides a healthy natural looking flush)
Price: 10/10 (affordable and performs well)

How about you? What's your favorite cheek product? :)


No comments:

Post a Comment